Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Just an itty-bitty rant regarding political parties

I'm going to go into politics a smidgen. Kinda. Not really politics, but just a little bit about how people are behaving regarding political parties. I can honestly say I don't fit in, lol. I don't follow any particular party. I don't even think the country should be divided by "parties" anymore. Just vote for the right people to do the job.....not because they belong to a certain party. Sometimes the "party" is what blinds people from voting the right person in. I can find truth and lies, good and bad in all parties. I used to call myself a democrat, and had I been a registered voter, I would've voted for Obama. I was truly inspired by him, and thought he would be great for our country. When he said "change was coming"......I didn't quite have a grasp on exactly what he meant by that. Now, I feel betrayed and confused, and fearful of everything that is going on with the United States of America. But, that's not the topic I'm covering right now.

I can still find good in democratic values. I also find good in republican values, independent/conservative, and even the new tea party. What I don't like is people acting ridiculous and childish and calling each other names. I've even seen the people in the tea party coined as "teatards". Or even racist, and after having researching some of these "tea-partiers", they're not racist at all. I don't know where they even get that from......Honestly, what is anyone saying about themselves if the best they can do is just shout out mean names, and make fun of other people for standing up for what they believe in, or simply because they didn't check their spelling before holding up a poster they hand-made? I think all they are doing is behaving badly, acting like fools and using bullish tactics to make themselves feel better about their own agenda. People need to just remember, to treat others the way they themselves would like to be treated. Show compassion for humanity, be nice. So what if they don't agree with their beliefs. Does it make them popular? Does it make them a cool person for bullying someone else down? It really just makes them look mean, rude and uneducated. I'm not dumb, I know that this is nothing new.......I'm just voicing my opinion over how mean people can be, just over political views.

2 comments:

  1. First off, Katherine Mary, why aren't you registered to vote? Get your behind to the county clerk's office and register. You can't possibly express your opinions if you're not registered to vote.
    On your opinions, I think people bombast the Tea Party because they're afraid of it. Common citizens have had enough and are saying so. We're tired of politics as usual and are saying we want to be governed the way the founding fathers intended, to see the Constitution upheld and not walked all over according to one party's whims and pleasures. As for our less than illustrious president...never liked him, never trusted him. He blew onto the scene with lots of rhetoric and no experience. If we're blessed by God he'll only have four years and maybe that won't be enough to totally destroy our country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am registered now, but I wasn't during the presidential election, we missed the cut-off date by the time we finally decided we wanted to register. But, everyone has a right their own opinion. There are no rules/laws saying that you must be a registered voter to express it. I've had sooooo many people tell me "you don't have a right to an opinion on these issues, if you aren't registered/or don't vote". Sure I do. So far, we still have our freedom of speech. But, I realize you’re simply telling me "if you feel this way, show your opinion by registering, and making your opinion count in your vote". Right? So now, I'm definitely going to get my registered opinion on the ballot in November, lol.:-) <3

    Previously, I exercised my right *not* to vote. I don’t believe in voting for the “lesser of two evils“, as many other American voters do. I won't cast a vote for someone who stands for issues that I don't agree with. Prior to Obama, there wasn't anyone worth voting for, thus the reason I never had any interest in registering. Even though he won Illinois, and then the American vote for President, I'm glad that I can say I-personally didn't vote him in, even though at the time, he *was* who I thought I wanted for our country. Now, even though I don't yet quite know enough information about who's running for Illinois this year, I do know who I want out! So, I'm voting politicians *out* of office when elections come around. Regardless if the votes turn out that way, I will be satisfied in knowing that at least I voted my opinion.

    Yes!!! I agree with you!! I want us to RESTORE America, and what our country stands for, NOT, reform it! Things need to be improved, not taken from us!! The gov’t shouldn’t be allowed to take over the citizens, and steal our rights from us. And, I’m so worried that this is where our gov’t wants to take us. This country was founded on freedom, not "Orwellian principals". I'm not convinced that Obama is the problem. But, I’m thinking more - that he's just the puppet, someone else is pulling his strings. He's just the voice for that "someone else". We're starting to open our eyes, and "see" what they didn't want us to see. And, it is scaring the living daylights out of me.

    So, I’m hoping God will save our country, and the right people will get into office, to stop it from taking the WRONG direction. Not all politicians are bad. Not all democrats are bad. Not all republicans are bad. Not all independents or conservatives or tea-partiers are bad. Only the people who want to convert America to what it is NOT are bad!

    Thank you so much for reading, and posting a comment. :-)

    ReplyDelete