Sunday, September 26, 2010

Stinky turtle tank!

I can't stand stinky smells!!! My nose just won't tolerate it! So, why can't my husband just let me get a new filter system for Sammy's turtle tank, instead of "waiting to see what kind of scientific/biological thing is taking place in there"?!? Everything is a science experiment w/him, lol. That's great!! He's going on 40, and still loves to learn and do research. So do I.....but, I can also tell when a filter system has simply failed, it is after all, 3 1/2 years old....it's just time to replace the system!

Meanwhile....no matter how many candles I burn, or room fresheners I use, or windows open with fans pulling the air out of the house -- nothing will get rid of the nasty odor coming from that tank! And it does get cleaned often!! The filter just no longer works! PERIOD! Get a new one!!! I will find one on Ebay! No biggie!

But, nope....Don --- who is gone more often than he is home, (spending maybe about 10-15 waking hours at home each week - if that), would rather let me and the boys suffer the horrendous odor, so he can determine what is going on in the tank. But, when will he have the time to do that??? I know....when he's on vacation in November! Right?? By then, I will have just ignored his desire to do his "scientific research" that he will not find the time to proceed with....and will have already purchased a new filter system, that he can put together. The one that it's in there now.....must be buried, deep underground. Yes. It's THAT bad!!!! It's not only humiliating, but I just can't live w/that odor!!! UGH!!!

You'd think, (the scientific mind he has), that by now, he'd just realize the filter system failed!!! Oy!

1 comment:

  1. Might I add, that when he cleans out the tank and the filter system, he expects it to all run through, and the filter will clean out the rest of the water, should take a few hours. Normally, that's exactly what happens. Now, the stink goes away in those couple hours. The green color floating in the water never filters through. A day or two later, the nasty smell is back...wake up Don!!!!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete