Sunday, October 10, 2010

Everything but the kitchen sink cookies

So, I played Betty Crocker today. Just 'cause I felt like baking. Not 'cause I felt like eating. I bought a couple packages of cookie mix at the store, and some chips. I started putting the mixes together at home, when I decided to be creative. I went through the fridge and the pantry and started chucking in anything else I thought would go well in cookies. So, this is what I came up with. Turned out purdy-darn tasty if you ask the boys (and yes, I even tried one. Okay, I tried two)

Recipe: Everything But The Kitchen Sink Cookies

1 pkg Betty Crocker oatmeal, chocolate chip cookie mix
1 pkg Betty Crocker peanut butter cookie mix
1 tbsp water
3 tbsp oil
2 eggs
1 stick softened butter
1/2 can canned pumpkin (not pie mix, just canned pumpkin)
2 tbsp honey
3 tbsp Peanut Butter Co. dark chocolate dreams peanut butter
1/2 pkg Reese's peanut butter chips for baking
1/2 pkg Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 pkg Hershey's butterscotch chips
1/2 pkg Hershey's cinnamon chips
1 individual pkg M&M's
1 individual pkg peanut butter M&M's
(I would've used pecan pieces too, but our kids don't like 'em)

Pre-heat oven 375

Mix the packaged mixes with all the chips and M&M's first. Then add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well, then dollop onto cookie sheet in whatever size cookie you choose. I make them about the size of a heaping tablespoon. Bake in oven 13-15 min. I stop at 13, 'cause we like them uber soft and mushy. (They're not that mushy, lol, but they're good!) Let them cool on cookie sheet 1-2 min, then move them to either a cooling rack, or a plate, and let them cool another 5 min or so, or be like my Austin, and just take it straight off the cookie sheet, regardless if it's so soft, it just falls apart.

Enjoy, they're ever so yummy!!!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment